Past AAPI scholarships
AAPI Student Scholarship
Application Deadline: 11:59pm (Eastern) on Friday, April 1, 2022
The Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) Member Interest Group (MIG) is presenting two student scholarships in the amount of $200 each to support and encourage students pursuing dietetics, food service or culinary science as their profession.
Please read carefully before you complete the scholarship application packet.
Applicants must fall under one of the following categories:
Applicants must be a member of the Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders MIG (AAPI) at the time of application and must be a current member when receiving the award. If you are not a member, please call the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Member Service Center (1-800-877-1600, ext. 5000) or visit the website (www.eatrightpro.org) to join AAPI MIG.
- A student enrolled in an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accredited dietetic program (Didactic Program in Dietetics) in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico), pursuing a degree in Food and Nutrition and planning to become a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) or dietetic technician (DTR).
- A dietetic intern enrolled in an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accredited dietetic internship program in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico) or has received admission notice from an internship program at the time of application.
- A graduate student who is pursuing to be a RDN, major as Masters/Doctoral degree in dietetics.
- A RDN who is pursuing an advanced degree in the field of dietetics.
Your application will not be considered if one of the items is missing in the packet. A complete application package will include the following:
I. Online Application
II. Letter of Recommendation
- Complete the electronic/online AAPI MIG Student Scholarship application with appropriate uploads list below.
- Obtain one (1) letter of recommendation from an individual who is able to give pertinent information as to your ability, potential, professional qualifications and work experience.
- References can be from a professor in your major academic area, an employer or a professor in a related field.
- Please upload the letter in PDF format with file name format: Lastname.Firstname_AAPI MIG Recommendation 2022.
- Submit copies of the most recent or pertinent transcripts from colleges/universities attended (limited to the 2 most recent).
- Please upload your unofficial transcript(s) in PDF format saved with file name format: Lastname.Firstname_AAPI MIG Transcript 2022.
DUE DATE: All application materials must be submitted electronically by 11:59 PM Eastern on Friday, April 1, 2022.
- Scholarship recipient will be notified on or before May 15, 2022.
- The Scholarship recipient is required to write an article (250 word minimum) introducing themselves and sharing their professional goals. (Picture of recipient may be requested.) This information will be used in AAPI MIG member communications.