Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) Member Interest Group (MIG)
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. Member Interest Groups are groups of Academy members who have a common interest. As divisions of the national organization, MIGs reflect the many characteristics of the Academy's membership and the public it serves.
The Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) MIG was first created to bring together members from the former Chinese (CADN) and Filipino (FADAN) MIG communities, and now strives to also include other Asian communities. We have practitioners from diverse locations, areas of practice and educational backgrounds. AAPI empowers members to be the leaders in cultural evidence-based practices in nutrition and dietetics for people of Asian or Pacific Islander origin or those interested in learning more about these cultures. The community fosters networking, mentoring and support for the professional issues unique to these cultural communities.
* A voice that advocates for cultural topics, serving as a direct resource to the Academy Diversity Committee and internal teams.
* Opportunity to continue to connect with Chinese and Filipino peers as a sub-community on niche topics. As we evolve, additional sub-communities can be created.
* An AAPI website to help foster community and connect you with resources.
* A connected, collaborative community with opportunities for FNCE® networking events, year-round communication and a member directory which allows you to identify members of sub communities.
* Access to education and professional development through CPEU webinar trainings, educational toolkits and scholarships for lifelong learning on topics such as clinical diets, cultural foods, impact on nutrition of cultural and ethnic food choices, traditional medicine, and more.
* Opportunities for leadership development within the AAPI Executive Committee, through leadership development programs and scholarships.
* Social media engagement to foster connections with peers and hear latest announcements.
We would encourage Academy members who identify with the Asian or Pacific Islander community or are interested in learning more about these cultures in nutrition and dietetics to join and participate in the AAPI MIG.
How to Join