Past AAPI scholarships
AAPI Student Scholarship
Application Deadline: 11:59pm (Eastern) on May 10, 2021
The Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) Member Interest Group (MIG) is presenting a student scholarship in the amount of $200 to support and encourage students pursuing dietetics, food service or culinary science as their profession.
Please read carefully before you complete the scholarship application packet.
Applicants must fall under one of the following categories:
Applicants must be a member of the Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders MIG (AAPI) at the time of application and must be a current member when receiving the award. If you are not a member, please call the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Member Service Center (1-800-877-1600, ext. 5000) or visit the website (www.eatrightpro.org) to join AAPI MIG.
- A student enrolled in an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accredited dietetic program (Didactic Program in Dietetics) in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico), pursuing a degree in Food and Nutrition and planning to become a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) or dietetic technician (DTR).
- A dietetic intern enrolled in an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accredited dietetic internship program in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico) or has received admission notice from an internship program at the time of application.
- A graduate student who is pursuing to be a RDN, major as Masters/Doctoral degree in dietetics.
- A RDN who is pursuing an advanced degree in the field of dietetics.
Your application will not be considered if one of the items is missing in the packet. A complete application package will include the following:
I. Online Application
II. Letter of Recommendation
- Obtain one (1) letter of recommendation from an individual who is able to give pertinent information as to your ability, potential, professional qualifications and work experience.
- Please have the writer send your letter of recommendation to the AAPI MIG Nominating and Awards Committee at AAPI@eatright.org by the due date.
- References can be from a professor in your major academic area, an employer or a professor in a related field.
- Please have the letter sent as a PDF attachment and file name saved with title format: Lastname.Firstname_AAPI MIG Recommendation 2021.
- Submit in PDF format your unofficial transcript of the most recent or current from college/university attended.
- Send your unofficial transcript to the AAPI Nominating and Awards Committee at AAPI@eatright.org by the due date.
- Please have the file name saved with title format: Lastname.Firstname_AAPI MIG Transcript 2021.
DUE DATE: All application materials must be submitted electronically by 11:59 PM (Eastern) on May 10, 2021.
- Scholarship recipient will be notified on or before May 29, 2021.
- The Scholarship recipient is required to write an article (250 word minimum) introducing themselves and sharing their professional goals. (Picture of recipient may be requested.) This information will be used in AAPI MIG member communications.